Stonewalling was introduced to me early in my relationships with peers during my adult years after school. In Singapore, there's a term for that. I call it "Kenna diao" for no reason.
At first, I was bewildered at why people close to me stonewall, are they being a menace for no reason? That was my first reaction, then I started noticing the different kinds of stonewalling. Sometimes it's harmless, a psychological reaction to sometimes unexpected. Sometimes to guard the self from conflict, holding back confrontational thoughts. Sometimes it's about establishing power and dominance. Sometimes it's about avoidance straight up.
The real reason can even be sometimes you yourself will never know.
Today I have learnt not to judge stonewall. If someone stonewall me, they may be from having a hard day, to being a straight up menace. I really don't care. It's your problem if you stonewall to cope. It's then my problem to evaluate how it's gonna be afterwards.
I practice the "let them, let me" motto. Let them do their own stuff. However, let me try a workaround to continue communicating with others instead. I can talk to someone else, I can do a still go around and add value with someone stonewalling me. I really can't bother much. Gotta roll up sleeves and go with the punches.
At the end of the day, my joy comes from going home to my family and watching my child grow up. Having friends to play cards, dance, prat and have small talk with. Working for a company I love. Gaining my own work and life skills that amaze me.